Macy's Asset Protection / Loss Prevention Lead Detective, Full Time: Oakridge in San Jose, California
*Job Overview: *
The Lead Asset Protection / Loss Prevention Detective’s primary responsibility is to train, educate, and supervise staff in detecting and preventing theft of company property. Train and coach Asset Protection / Loss Prevention staff on apprehension. Support store’s efforts in providing the best customer service within a controlled environment so as to ensure maximum sales at the highest profit rate attainable.
Macy’s uses a scheduling plan that allows our associates to participate in the creation of their work schedules by managing availability and identifying preferences. Additionally, during key events and peak selling times, Macy’s may offer additional shifts to our associates, which they may pick up using the self-scheduling tool. Details on Macy's schedule options are available during the interview process.
- Select, train, develop, and supervise Asset Protection / Loss Prevention staff on detecting and preventing theft of company property
- Develop, implement, and communicate programs to prevent theft amongst customers and employees
- Participate in initial orientation and on-going training including the computer, surveillance, and alarm systems
- Respond to customer and associate incidents to facilitate first aid and minimize company liability
- Recover stolen merchandise and apprehend shoplifters who commit fraud or other criminal acts against the company
- Investigate criminal violations against the person or property of any customer or associate that is committed on company premises
- Prepare prompt and complete reports relative to all theft incidents, merchandise recoveries, accident investigations, audits, and other activities as assigned by the AP/LP Manager
- Be an expert of and maintain strict compliance with the law and company policies concerning apprehensions, searches and seizures, and the preservation of evidence
- Successfully complete all security training requirements and maintain personal certifications as required by law
- Conduct and oversee audits to ensure sales department compliance to merchandise exposure standards and asset protection
- Develop and maintain relationship with local law enforcement to facilitate maximum coordination for potential criminal cases
- Testify in court concerning any case, criminal or civil, wherein the company is a party of interest to which the Asset Protection / Loss Prevention Detective is summoned
- Works on special assignments, investigations, and surveillance as directed by Store AP/LP Manager
- Responds to alarm conditions at assigned store
- Perform other duties as needed
- Follows shortage programs and procedures
- Perform these functions in an efficient manner, as directed by the Supervisor
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
- Education/Experience: High School Diploma or equivalent. Some college is desirable. Two to three years asset protection experience or training. Completion of Store Agent Training program required upon assignment to position. Additional Store Agent Training is required for this level.
- Communication Skills: Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; * Mathematical Skills: Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Able to use a calculator.
- Reasoning Ability: Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team and must have good time management skills.
- Physical Demands: This position involves regular walking, standing, hearing, and talking. Extended periods of sitting are also involved. Some kneeling, stooping, crouching, or crawling may be involved. Involves moving and/or lifting at least 30 lbs. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Ability to use restraints in an apprehension. Ability to sustain long periods of time enclosed in surveillance areas. Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
- Other skills: Must be able to operate cameras and other surveillance equipment. Ability to think and act clearly in possible stressful and hostile situations. Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team. Must possess a strong sense of urgency. Should be comfortable with the use of computers and frequent use of RF equipment.
Work Hours: Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays.
- This job description is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy's, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy’s, Inc. is an Equal ** Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. *
Primary Location: United States-California-San Jose
Job: Asset Protection
Req ID: 71393428