Cisco Build/DevOps Engineer in San Jose, California
Location: San Jose, California, US
Area of Interest Engineer - Software
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Cloud and Data Center
Job Id 1226248
Who we are
With Cisco's enterprise-class wireless and mobility products, you get state-of-the-art access points, top-of-the-line wireless LAN controllers, and the revolutionary Digital Network Architecture (DNA). Best of all, our solutions fit any size organization, from small businesses to large enterprises. We are part of the Operations team that helps deliver these products.
What You'll do
Cisco is looking to hire a Software Engineer to contribute to the team and team culture, the products, and the processes. He/she must have experience in building new software offerings with agility and urgency.
The individual must be very comfortable with continuous integration concepts and tools. The individual is expected to participate in all aspects of the builds, integration, branching, merging, tools used and automation etc.
· Create and maintain fully automated CI build processes for multiple Cisco products
· Work closely with the development, operations, and test teams
· Write and maintain scripts for build, deployment, maintenance, policy enforcement and related tasks
· Debug and fix build, tool, infrastructure, and process issues
· Document processes and policies
As a member of our CSG RelOps team, you will be responsible for builds and related operations for various OSes, fixes, enhancements, and completely new services to improve our processes. This job truly aims at changing the way engineers at Cisco live, play, work and learn by modernizing the Software Development Experience at Cisco, so is a substantial role.
Who You Are
· 5+ years’ experience after a B.S or M.S in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field
· Extensive experience in Git, GitHub / Gerrit / BitBucket in a CI environment is a must. Experience in other SCM tools such as Clearcase, Perforce, etc. is a strong plus
· Knowledge of C/SQL
· Expertise in GNU make (gmake) and complex makefiles
· Strong background and understanding of Unix & Linux
· Solid understanding of source code control systems, branching, merging, releases, etc.
· Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment tools such as Jenkins or equivalent, with build tools such as Maven, Gradle, ANT, repo management tools such as Nexus and Artifactory, cloud infrastructure such as AWS
· Experience with automation/configuration management using either Chef, Salt, Puppet, or equivalent and with Containerization software such as Docker or Kubernetes is nice to have
· Knowledge of Continuous Integration, Agile and Waterfall methodologies
· Very strong Perl knowledge/expertise required
· Extensive experience in source code merging between various branches and branching strategies according to multiple related-development projects
· Experience in embedded systems and cross compile toolchains for various hardware architectures
· Strong data-structure/algorithm/Operating Systems understanding
· Experience with Static Analysis tools such as Coverity a plus
· Excel in customer-satisfaction
· Excellent communication skills in written and verbal English. Effective communicator
· Ability to work across multiple time zones and providing remote support for teams
· Passionate about work, strong can-do positive attitude
· Must be able to handle multiple tasks at once and work independently with minimal managerial oversight
· Should be able to work well both in a team setting and in individual projects
· Knowledge of embedded developer workflows
· Knowledge of build acceleration concepts
· Knowledge implementing Continuous Integration and Delivery Model
· Exposure to large scale software builds and integration
· Proven record of working with cross functional teams facilitating efficient software build and delivery
· Strong interpersonal skills and proven record of performance and ability to work independently as well as in a team.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.