Qvale Auto Group HR Administrator in San Jose, California
The HR Administrator helps manage all Human Resources (HR) processes, including recruiting, hiring, on boarding new employees as well as explaining and managing benefits. He or she ensures compliance with all Corporate HR policies and federal, state, and local regulations and requirements and reports to the Regional Controller.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to: administering employee health, welfare and retirement plans in California.. This position provides administrative support to the HR function and the accounting managers as needed (e.g., correspondence generation, record keeping, file maintenance, HRIS entry), ensures plans are administered in accordance with federal and state regulations and plan provisions are followed.
- Administer health and welfare plans, including enrollments and terminations. Process required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record keeping and proper deductions.
- Conduct new-employee orientations to ensure employees gain an understanding of benefits plans and enrollment provisions. Counsel employees (and potential employees/applicants) on plan provisions so that individuals can make informed benefits decisions.
- Assist with annual open enrollment period during 4th quarter of each year. Arrange for distribution of plan summary materials and required notices, assist with communicating changes to employees and arrange for onsite representation by providers. Process monthly billings from insurance providers. Review billings for accuracy, codes and advances for payment. Resolve discrepancies with carriers, payroll and the company. Complete reports for management as requested.
- Strive to ensure employee understanding of benefits programs by regularly generating communication and counseling employees/dependents as situations arise. Work with third party administrator to resolve employee complaints related to health and welfare plans, refer difficult or very complex complaints to manager as needed.
- Act as a liaison with various insurance carriers and foster effective relationships with client representatives.
- Act as a resource for payroll/HR contacts to ensure their understanding and compliance with benefits and HR policies and regulations. Keep management advised of potential problem areas and recommend/implement solutions as appropriate.
- Perform recruitment activities, interview and evaluate candidates for select positions at all dealerships. Maintain related records.
- Assist with preparation of the annual affirmative action plan.
The ideal candidate has a degree in Human Resources or a related field and at least three years of experience in HR, or a combination of Education and Experience. Certification in one or more HR specializations preferred. He or she must have a strong knowledge of relevant federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations and excellent computer, internet, and Human Resources Information System (HRIS) software skills. Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to preserve confidential information required. This position may require limited travel.