Cisco Lindt - Software Engineer in San Jose, California
Lindt - Software Engineer
Location: San Jose, California, US
Area of Interest Engineer - Software
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Internet of Everything, Service Provider, Software Development, Testing
Job Id 1225943
What You'll Do
Cisco provides you an excellent opportunity to take your career aspirations forward. You will bring your unique talents to the group that works on Cisco's SP networking technology, which is creating unprecedented customer value by providing cohesive and innovative software, platforms and solutions for Cisco's core networking customers.
As a Technical Leader, you will work on innovating products and massively scalable network solutions that are deployed by some of the leading service providers in the world. Experience the exhilaration as you work on designing next-gen products and collaborating with not just your immediate team, but across teams at Cisco across the world. You will work with a BU-wide vibrant technical community and interact with some of the brightest minds in the field to provide solutions to services providers around the world.
Who You'll Work With
As a senior member of this team, you will work with a team of seasoned engineers. You will have the opportunity to architect, design, and develop some of the world’s largest Service Provider Network solutions, that are continuously evolving towards enabling the support of newer and exciting customer business paradigms.
You will be interacting and working closely with some of the finest talent pool in the industry – where you will find that work is both fun and challenging.
You will also socialize with other groups, such as Product Management, Marketing, Sales, Customer Support, and Advanced Services.
Who You Are
You are not just the technical expert in your team, but also possess the ability to drive your team towards technical excellence. You have excellent coding and debugging skills and can come up with solutions to customer issues as and when required.
• Experience: 12-17 years in embedded firmware development
• BE/B.Tech/ME/M.Tech/MS in CS/EE/IT/ECE, MCA, or similar education.
• Experience in developing software for networking equipment in management control plane, with knowledge with any of the TCP/IP networking protocols like: MPLS, OSPF, BGP, ISIS, L2/L3VPN, DHCP, L2TP, SMTP, FTP, RADIUS/DIAMETER, SNMP, PPP etc.
• Exposure to Xml, Netconf/ Yang, REST APIs will be added advantage.
• Exposure to KAFKA, pipeline, MangoDB, InfluxDB, Kubernetes, OpenStack, Dockers/Containers will be of added advantage.
• Ability to derive design and code based on technical standards, write comprehensive and focused design documents, and drive software architecture and system design.
• Ability to mentor and guide engineers on all technical aspects is very critical to the role
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.