eBay MTS 1, Software Engineer in San Jose, California
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
The ebay Marketing Tech Notifications team is looking for a strong server side engineer with a passion for providing innovative and scalable solutions for business applications. He/she will focus on building infrastructure and middle tier services and support mobile app teams leveraging platform services. Write server-side code (services) for mobile & web-based applications, create robust high-volume production applications, and develop prototypes quickly. One should also have a strong understanding of, and practical experience with, Java web application development.
Build our platforms and systems infrastructure using your strong background in distributed systems, network system design, and large scale database systems.
Research, analyze, design, develop and test the solutions that are appropriate for the business and technology strategies
Participate in design discussions, code reviews and project related team meetings.
Work with other engineers, Architecture, Product Management, QA, and Operations teams to develop innovative solutions that meet business needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, realistic implementation schedules and adherence to development principles and product goals.
Develop technical & domain expertise and apply to solving product challenges.
• 7+ years of hands-on product development experience in Java, SOA services, XML and Web technologies after BSCS or MSCS or other relevant engineering discipline.
• Experience in Database driven application development (Oracle, NoSQL – Mongo, Cassandra), SQL and schema design.
• Experience in web front end UI development such as JSPs in J2EE environments.
• Experience in building a live e-commerce product that has scaled to large number of users is a plus.
• Working knowledge of Windows and UNIX development environment and associated tools like source code management, bug tracking etc.
• A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design.
• Extensive programming experience in Java.
• Experience in other languages such as Scala, Node.js etc. is a plus.
• Strong software design, problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
View our accessibility info at https://www.ebayinc.com/accessibility/
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement