Cisco New Product Program Manager 1231206 in San Jose, California
New Product Program Manager 1231206
Location: San Jose, California, US
Additional Location(s) NA
Area of Interest Supply Chain
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest *None
Job Id 1231206
WHAT YOU'LL DO
The Internet of Things (IoT) team is searching for Project Manager for New Product Introductions (NPPM). The NPPM is the accountable team leader for overall coordination of product line introduction with heavy emphasis on all development activities from pre-concept commit to Time To Quality and Volume (TTQV). Additional responsibilities include:
· Engages with the Engineering product team prior to concept commit to scope project and create robust project plan.
· Owns the lifecycle of the product insuring compliance to all the defined quality gates.
· Leads manufacturing cross-functional team to insure that performance metrics for scope, cost, quality and Time To Market (TTM) are met.
· Create and implement action plan and fulfillment strategy with the integrated product team based on input received from engineering and marketing.
· Drive prototype and pilot builds, including cost and quality expectations. Reviews and influences manufacturing capacity/capability, design stability, and risk planning.
· Oversees and prioritizes risk mitigation strategies (multi-source tech assessment, component, cost variance, supply chain review, and input).
· Change Management. Compliance. Execution of Supply Chain. Actively seeks and incorporates best practices and results from post-project assessments into new products. Partners with Engineering to resolve issues that may impede project objectives
WHO YOU'LL WORK WITH
Industrial IoT Networking Business Unit
WHO YOU ARE
Your ability to see the big picture, craft and implement plans and processes and effectively communicate across teams are key to your success. Your collaborative style enables you to lead and coordinate a product line introduction while never compromising quality.
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
· Requires BA/BS degree or equivalent training plus 7+ years NPI, Process Development & Project Management experience. MBA degree is a plus.
7+ years’ experience in the following:
· Prod/Mfg Operations, Quality and Supply Chain Management.
· Knowledge/experience with Design for "X" (DfX),
· Cost Management; deep understanding and experience with BOM and COGs.
· Successful track record in risk management/risk mitigation strategies
· Experience of working in a New Product Introduction (NPI) MFG environment with Contract Manufacturers and ODM/JDM suppliers.
· Excellent executive level communication and influencing skills
· Demonstrated experience leading with cross-functional impact
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
· We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
· We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
· We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.