Xilinx, Inc. Writer/Communications Project Specialist in San Jose, California
Xilinx is the leading provider of All Programmable FPGAs, SoCs, MPSoCs and 3DICs. Xilinx's all-programmable devices are designed into tens of thousands of products that improve the quality of the everyday lives of billions of people worldwide. For over 30 years, Xilinx has been behind some of the greatest advancements in technology and science - from the industry's first fabless semiconductor model to the NASA Curiosity Mars Rover, to today's autonomous vehicles and hyperscale data centers. Xilinx uniquely enables applications that are both software-defined, yet hardware optimized - enabling smart, connected and differentiated applications across technology's biggest megatrends, including Machine Learning, 5G Wireless, Embedded Vision, Industrial IoT and Cloud Computing and more.
If you are a passionate, innovative and an out-of-the-box thinker that enjoys challenging projects, Xilinx is the right place for you. Our global team is growing and we are looking for bold, collaborative, and creative people to help deliver groundbreaking technologies that enable our customers to differentiate. Come do your best work and live your best life through collaboration, wellness and giving back to your community as a member of the ONEXILINX team.
What we are looking for
Xilinx is looking for a passionate, creative, and collaborative person to help us share stories, events, and activities with our employees to ensure that they’re inspired, engaged, and doing their best work. This person is passionate about building and sustaining a fun, creative, and high-achieving culture through a variety of communication channels.
**What you will do
- Promote our company’s employee brand by working cross-functionally with partners among all groups and levels to create and share messaging with employees around the globe
- Partner with our creative team to share stories through writing, video, and digital signage
- Curate a collection of photography and other imagery
- Support special events like the company all hands
- Manage projects from developing a communication plan to execution
- Assist on other general communication projects
**What you need to succeed
- BA/BS in communications, public relations, or related field (media experience a strong plus)
- Must be an excellent writer with good communication skills (there will be a writing test)
- A can-do attitude and a willingness to try new things and “get it done”
- Experience in project management
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Curiosity about people, work, and technology
- Thrive in a start-up environment
- Familiarity with graphic design software such as Adobe Photoshop orCanva
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel